How to stop your period or excessive menstrual bleeding with lemon
How to stop your period or excessive menstrual bleeding with lemon — very effective remedy
Menstruation is a physiological process by which women go through each month and involves the expulsion of unfertilized eggs through the vagina. When this process ever coincides with an important event or if it is too long and / or abundant, it is normal for many women to wonder if there is any way to stop it even if it is a day or a few hours. Luckily, there are some natural remedies that can stop menstruation.
One of the best-known remedies to get rid of the rule is the use of the juice of a lemon, which, thanks to its nutritional composition, helps us stop it for a certain time. That is why, in this article of Healthzigzag, we explain how to stop your period with lemon reliably.
Lemon Nutritional Composition
Lemon, also known scientifically by the name of is a fruit extracted from a tree called a lemon tree. Which belongs to the family of rutinaceae and grown in the warmer climates of some regions of the Mediterranean. This citrus-flavored fruit stands out for its following nutritional composition :
- Lemon is rich in pectin, a type of non-soluble fiber .
- It has a high content in flavonoids, which have excellent antioxidant properties.
- Lemon is formed by different acids, such as citric, malic, acetic, formic and caffeic.
- It also has different essential oils: limonene, isopulegol, alpha-pinene, beta bergamot, citral, cryptapene, and sabinene, among others.
- Lemon has a richness in vitamin C, vitamins of group B (B1, B2, B3, B5, and B6) and also of vitamin P.
- Finally, this fruit is also formed by minerals such as potassium, magnesium, calcium, and phosphorus.
Lemon medicinal properties
Thanks to its richness in the nutrients mentioned above, we can find the following medicinal properties of lemon :
- Although it has not been scientifically proven, lemon is a very popular remedy to reduce menstrual flow. Some think this is possible due to its richness in citric acid.
- Lemon peel has excellent anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties due to its richness in essential oils. These properties help relieve menstrual cramps that may appear during these days, as well as in previous days, then differences as premenstrual.
- Menstruation can also lead to digestive problems such as diarrhea, abdominal bloating, gas and poor digestion. Its richness in vitamins, acids, and essential oils make lemon juice an excellent tonic with liver and digestive properties.
- Some women also suffer acute headaches during this period. This fruit can relieve these symptoms due to its anemographic properties.
- Finally, it also has potent purifying and diuretic properties, which help reduce fluid retention, another common symptom among girls when their period drops.
How to stop your period with lemon
First of all, it is important to clarify that to stop your period or excessive menstrual bleeding with natural remedies is not possible in a really healthy way. Since those who can do so can cause some risk to your health. However, what natural treatments can do, including lemon, is to significantly reduce menstrual flow or, also, stop it but temporarily.
If you want to use the lemon to stop the flow of the rule for a few hours, you just have to follow the following steps:
- Take 4 lemons and cut them all in half.
- With the help of a juicer, extract the juice from each of its halves. If you do not have this utensil, you can squeeze it with your hands until you get all the liquid inside.
- Pour the juice into a glass, without straining it, and drink it in small sips.
- If it is too acidic for you, you can always add a little water to make the mixture a little more diluted. However, you should not add sugar or any other sweetener. There is a belief that it can reduce the properties of lemon for this problem.
- You can have a glass a day of lemon juice when you are with your period. We strongly recommend that you start consuming it one or two days before you are having your period.
Other natural remedies to stop the period
Like lemon, there are also other natural treatments to decrease the period or excessive menstrual bleeding. Try any of the following:
- Thyme infusion: heat a glass of water and boil 50 grams of thyme. Strain the mixture and drink it.
- Cinnamon tea: heat a glass of water in a saucepan and when it starts to boil, add 2 tablespoons of cinnamon powder. Drink two cups a day, in the morning and at night.
- Coriander infusion: pour a few coriander seeds in a saucepan with two glasses of boiling water and strain it after a few minutes. Once it’s cold, drink it.
- Licorice infusion: in a liter of boiled water, add 20 grams of dried licorice root. Let it sit for 10 minutes, strain it and you will be ready to take it.
Originally published at https://healthzigzag.com on October 11, 2019.