How to teach children to tie shoelaces
Teaching children to tie shoelaces can be challenging; and it is that not all children are willing to learn. Generally, it depends on age and predisposition to be more independent. In the following article, we show you some simple tricks on how to teach children to tie shoelaces.
Steps to follow:
1. The first thing we have to do is wait for the right moment; and is that not all children are ready at the same time. The ability to learn to tie shoelaces usually appears between 4 and 6 years of age. We recommend patience first of all.
2. the little one must know how to distinguish between left and right. You could learn to tie your shoelaces if you can’t tell them apart, but the task will go a lot easier.
3. There are different methods to teach our children to tie their shoelaces. For example, we can tell stories in which making bows or tying shoelaces is necessary for a character. Thus, the little ones will become familiar with this concept and their desire to learn will be greater.
4. We can invent a song, poem, or rhyme so that the little one remembers all the steps and can execute them alone when he tries to tie the shoelaces on his own. For example, we can tell you that making the shoelace is nothing more than the process of making the ears of a rabbit.
5. It is very important that if there are more of us at home and we all want to help the child learn, we use the same method. Otherwise, we will confuse the little one and lose interest.
6. The best way to show our son how to tie his shoelaces is to sit in front of him so that he can repeat our movements. Besides, it is important to know if the child is left-handed or right-handed because the person who teaches him should have the same condition.